8/29/2008

4 YEARS! Learning to Love Jesus' Way!

Wow! Curtis and I have now been married 4 years. I am continuing to learn to love Jesus' way. With God in our lives, I believe He will take us thru the remainder of our years together.

For Jesus, love was a motive - not a duty. Many times I've served Curtis out of a sense of duty, or to "keep the peace", without the motive of love. I'm still learning what it means to love as Christ loved. As Paul said, we should "be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us" (Eph 5:1-2).

If Jesus were preaching about marriage today, he might say: "Remember my love and sacrifice, and do the same for each other. Let love be your motive and humility be your attitude. Love the way I did."

This may seem like an impossible task - but we have a secret weapon: God's power to love.

I thank you Lord for the 4 years Curtis and I have been married. I pray that you will continue to guide us and draw us closer to You and closer to each other. Help me to strive to love as Christ loved!

4 comments:

RevTJ said...

You hit the nail right on the head. It is hard to love jesus' way, and let me tell you i'm going on year 8 and its not any easier. Like Paul said, "we must die to the flesh daily." Just keep doing what your doing and you will be fine.

Unknown said...

You have a great next year --- in Dec I will reach 20 (YIKES)

It is but by the grace of God.

Best Wishes! Congrats!

Love to you both!

Fred Alton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fred Alton said...

Sorry - I had made a comment and tried to edit it and accidently deleted it. I can't remember exactly what it was - but closed with 1 Corinthians 10:13. I'll tell you this too - no matter how long you live - the devil will be trying to get you every day of your however long life.