10/14/2010

HAPPY 74th BIRTHDAY MOMMA!


My sweet momma turned 74 on Tuesday!  Happy Birthday Momma!

Just like she typically does - she's been celebrating for over a week now!  Just a few of the things I know about - She got to go to Outback for dinner, she got to go to her daughter's place with family, she got calls from New York (and she's going to visit them soon), her mother-in-law cooked lunch for her, her sister cooked supper for her!  And, there are probably others that helped celebrate that I don't even know about! 

Some people are lonely on their birthdays - but I don't think my momma will ever have to worry about that.  Why?  Cause she makes other people feel special and they're happy for a chance to make her feel special!

When I was little, momma would correct me and I'd be pouting and mad.  Daddy would say - "Be kind to your mother - she's the best friend you'll ever have on earth" - I used to get so mad and think "Why are you taking up for her?"  But, Daddy was right - momma is the best friend on earth!

Love you Momma!

2 comments:

Fred Alton said...

Ruthie! How sweet of you to post this nice blog about your sweet Mother. She's the most beautiful woman to ever come along in my life!

Favorite One said...

She is pretty sweet. :-)

And, can you believe it - I admitted YOU were right! LOL
Of course - you were right MANY, MANY times!

Love ya!