12/29/2010

I'm Dreaming of A White Christmas......

Oh Wait!  It's NOT a Dream!!!

SNOW on Christmas in Tennessee!  And, not just a few flurries - enough to build a snow man!


Curtis, Lydia and Chloe played in the snow and built a snow man.  I stayed inside and made hot chocolate.  It's rough to stay inside while all the fun is going on - hee, hee hee.  Oh, let's see, I also stayed warm and dry and still got to hear the laughter and watch the fun.  Hmm, the older I get, the more I think I LOVE my part. 



Christmas 2010 was so AWESOME!
The snow was PERFECT for building snowmen and sledding -
AND my children and grandchildren were able to join us - despite the weather conditions.

Thank you God for blessing us with CHRISTmas and for the extra blessing of snow!

5 comments:

Fred Alton said...

Ruthie, I just read this after talking to you earlier today on your Mom's cell phone. This is a WONDERFUL post! Maybe your best yet. I had to laugh about you beginning to love your part of hearing the laughter and seeing the activities from the warmth of your kitchen.

Dorothy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dorothy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dorothy said...

Dorothy said...
I loved having a White Christmas, too! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Here is the pie recipe you asked about:

Mama’s Molasses Pie

1 cup Molasses
2/3 cup of butter
1 cup of sugar
2 Tablespoons of flour
4 eggs
dash of salt

Mix flour and sugar. Stir into well beaten eggs
and add Molasses and softened butter. Mix, pour into unbaked pie shell and bake at 350 degrees until it appears to be set.
Light colored Molasses will make
a prettier pie.

Sorry about the delets. I keep trying to get this done without errors!

L A Brannen said...

It was a beautiful sight. I enjoyed watching the snow. This year however, I did not get out in it and try to build a snowman. I think I just stayed in the house all day!