10/22/2007

A New Crockett Added to the Clan!

Well I can't believe it - and you probably can't either - but TODAY, Monday, October 22nd, 2007, Amie Michelle Garrett became Amie Crockett! She married Curtis' son, Terry Wayne Crockett! Now I officially have a daughter-in-law!

Even better than this news - they Both re-dedicated their lives to God! Please keep them both in your prayers - they will need strength and guidance. Please pray for peace and happiness in their home. With that, I'll share a poem that one of my cousins gave to me and Curtis when when got married.......

Marriage Takes Three
Marriage takes three to be complete;
It's not enough for two to meet. They must be
united in love by love's Creator, God above.
Then their love will be firm and strong;
Able to last when things go wrong,
Because they've felt God's love and know
He's always there, He'll never go.
And they have both loved Him in kind
With all the heart and soul and mind;
And in that love they've found the way
To love each other every day.
A marriage that follows God's plan
Takes more than a woman and a man.
It needs a oneness that can be
Only from Christ - Marriage Takes Three

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so excited for them. I will put them on my "list" which has grown quite a bit in the last few months. I am SO happy to hear about their marriage but more excited to hear about their renewed committment to the LORD. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

VXrurWe are all so excited and happy!! Send them all of our love. Hope to see you all soon.

Love Always,
Chris, Kate, Wyatt & Elle

Anonymous said...

HEY! GREAT NEWS!! Thanks for sharing. Can you believe I actually made it to the blog site. At least you didn't have too many for me to read them all. Write more. You are a great writer! Love you, Your #1 Favorite Sister

toothsleuth said...

You are so right about marriage taking three. If everyone could just figure that out, there would be a lot less divorces! I'm so happy to here about the new couple! I'm also glad to see you're posting again. Love ya,
Jennifer

L A Brannen said...

I'm so happy for Terry and Amie, for both their marriage and their recommitment to God. Do you remember a dream that you mom had about her and your dad? They were standing some distance apart from one another, and between them and in the at some distance from them was a cross. I think it was like a rope that came out of the cross and extended all the way to, and around, one of them and continued 'till it reached around both of them, and then back to the cross. I think in her dream the rope PULLED them closer to the cross, and as each of them got closer to the cross, they got closer to one another. Isn't that a great dream. I may not have it exactly right but close.

Fred said...

This is WONDERFUL NEWS! I'm very proud of Terry and Amie for taking this step and getting married. Just think - now you're a Mother-in-law!!!

Anonymous said...

May God bless them in their union. We will include them in every prayer that we kick up to the almighty! I hope all goes well and may God bless you as well.

TJ Oakley

Travelin' On said...

Mucho Congrats.
That comment about you being a mother in law?? Yeah, seems impossible doesn't it?? :)
You have a lovely family. I'm happy for ya!!