10/05/2007

VACATION - WHAT AN ADVENTURE!

I'm a little late telling you about my vacation - but I am the mother of a 2 year old and a 22 year old - so maybe I sort of have an excuse!

The last week of August, beginning of September, my hubby, my 2 year old and I were fortunate enough to go to Florida and stay at the Crockett resort. Never heard of it? Well, it's my brother & sister-in-law's house. And it FEELS like you're staying at a resort! Every single day was filled with excitement & first time experiences for Chloe.


The first night (Saturday) we arrived to a house full of family and friends to greet us. On Sunday, our brother & sis-in-law and Curtis' nephews & their families took the day off to go to the beach with us. This was Chloe's first trip to the beach/ocean - so we were very excited. She squealed with delight and talked about how blue the ocean was. At first she was a little afraid of the waves, but more so of the sand moving beneath her feet. Once she learned how to keep her balance, there was no more fear! She LOVED it! We did have a little too much adventure on this day - Curtis' nephew's wife, Cate was on her surf board & ended up cutting her nose with the board. It was the first time I'd actually seen an ambulance/rescue squad on the beach. She's doing great now - but is very lucky.


On Monday, our sis-in-law was off from work. We picked up our great-nephew, Wyatt (he's 4) from "school" and went to lunch. We also did a bit of shopping. I was proud - I didn't spend any money on this shopping trip and was taking Chloe to the car to change a poopy diaper. Well, let's just say, I ended up with brown stuff on my shirt. It stunk so bad that I had to go back into the store and buy a new shirt. The one I did have on was a "crappy" shirt anyway. :-)


Tuesday was our wedding anniversary. So, we took Chloe and went to the beach. We ate at Breaker's restaraunt and watched the ocean. Then we took our "beach baby" to the beach. With her little hot pink sunglasses & bikini - she was "Ms Hollywood". This day we drove down the beach & opened the van door for her. She really thought this was something big! She had fun again in the water and sand. We had fun too!


Wednesday, we went to SeaWorld. Our brother & sis-in-law both took off of work and brought our great-niece Adelle (she just turned 2 at the end of September). First, we went to "Breakfast with Elmo & Friends". Chloe literally shouted with Glee and hugged, kissed, held and danced with Elmo, Cookie Monster, Bert, Ernie, Zoe and Big Bird. It was worth getting up early to be there and was worth the money you paid in addition to your SeaWorld admission fee. I'm not sure if you've even been to SeaWorld, but it has changed a LOT since I was a little girl!


Thursday we went back to the beach and went shopping. We also swam at the Crockett resort. Very nice inground pool. By this day - Chloe was jumping off the diving board! (This is a BIG deal - we started off the summer in a little kiddie "boat" float. Now, she's jumping in on her own - with the help of floaties). Thursday night we were treated to "Fish Bones" restaraunt. I think it was the most expensive restaraunt I've ever eaten at. And the seafood - OH MY! What a treat!


On Friday, "Uncle Mar share his boat" - We went out on the boat with our bro & sis in law. This was Chloe's first boat ride. Also, Curtis' nephew, Brian took the day off from work and we took his boat too. Our dog, Rosco, even went on this trip. We went to "Disappearing Island" (as the tide goes in/out - the island appears/disappears. While we were there, Brian had to battle a small shark with his fishing pole. He promptly quit fishing & got back in the boat!


On Saturday we were having so much fun that we stayed an extra day. All the family and some friends gathered at Brian & Carrie's house for a football party. Fun was had by all.


Sunday we traveled to Georgia and visited with some more of Curtis' family and some friends. We stayed at his friend Chris & Kim's house - which is next door to his cousin Tammy's house. It was nice to visit with them.


Monday we traveled home - just in time to was a few loads of clothes before returning to work on Tuesday.


As you can see - there were a LOT of "firsts" for Chloe. That's what made it all so much fun! Again, we owe a special Thanks to "Aunt Glo & Uncle Mar" for letting us stay at the Crockett resort!

P.S. YES we got pictures! Maybe one of these days, I'll be able to add them to my posts.

5 comments:

Travelin' On said...

I'm glad you blogged more! Good job. :) Sounds like you had a BALL in Florida. That is so great! Yes, I'd love to see some of those photos.
Well, keep postin'. Thinking of you.

toothsleuth said...

Well, it's about time you finally blogged again!!! It's good to hear that you guys had such a good vacation. I'd love to see some pictures of Chloe. It's been a while since I've seen her (and you)! Hopefully I'm going to get to come up that way again before too long. Love ya!!! Jennifer

Fred said...

Hey Ruthie! I'm glad to see you back here again. Been missing you. What a great post for us all to read about your trip to Florida. I laughed with you about your "crappy" old shirt! And I know from seeing the video about Chloe's delight with Elmo, Bernie, and Ert! Great Blog.

L A Brannen said...

Good to have you back home. Sounds like you all had a wonderful time. Isn't it great to have such a nice family family?

Unknown said...

I am so glad you blogged again. See, just jump right in there with the story and tell what you are thinking of right now. Right now I am thinking of pot roast. UUUUMMMMM anyway...I love you & hope to see some pics of your vacation soon.