5/19/2011

Feb, March, April & May Part II - My Trip to Chicago

The week following Chloe's birthday - I went to Chicago for a business trip.  I had only ever seen the Chicago O'Hare airport - so it was nice to spend some time actually seeing a bit of the city.



This is the new "World of Whirlpool".  We were sent to focus on the Jenn-Air brand of products, but this facility is full of "all things Whirlpool". 

The first night - we actually ate in the top section of the building - where the clock is.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                Here's the group that I went with.  Some are from Cleveland, one from Knoxville and the rest are from our headquarters in Benton Harbor, Michigan.  They actually took a train ride to get there - versus we (Tennesseans) flew to Chicago.
Lydia told me we had to eat Chicago style deep dish pizza and go hear some blues.... So.....

We did!  You can't really tell from the pic - but this was the BEST pizza I've ever had!

We actually were given free tickets from our hotel to go to the House of Blues - right across from our hotel.  Then, to top it off, after we got in - they upgraded us - for free to a VIP room.  This wasn't really my "cup of tea" but I'm glad we went and had the experience.... especially since it was FREE.  ;0)




Hope you enjoyed sharing my little trip to Chicago. 

2 comments:

Fred Alton said...

My oh My!!! What an exciting trip this was - and you haven't bragged about it to me yet. I'm so glad you got that special VIP room at the hotel. Nice.

Fred Alton said...

My oh My!!! What an exciting trip this was - and you haven't bragged about it to me yet. I'm so glad you got that special VIP room at the hotel. Nice.